Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Years Goals 2013

So here they are...my official NEW YEAR'S GOALS!!!  I've been just plain worn out emotionally by life lately, so my goals aren't quite as lofty as usual....but valuable nonetheless :)

New Years Goals:
#1 - Eat Keystone Mac-n-Cheese every Monday without fail (unless I'm out of town) (TOTALLY ON TARGET...)

#2 - Not watch ANY Bachelorette/Bachelor or any such ridiculous POISON to my brain all year long (on target...)

#3 - Pray with serious ferver - strive less, pray desperately more (Yep - Happening...)

#4 - Find a summer job this year in order to escape depression and much crying in June (Utter FAIL)

#5 - Get piano tuned/fixed (FAIL)

#6 - Go to one international adoption information meeting (FAIL)

#7 - Try hot yoga at least once (done)

#8 - Stay committed to Coffee Emporium - drinking lots of coffee while building relationships with my friends who work there - very important. (yep - this is happening :)

#9 - Refrain from egg-ing (or any other such vandalism) of any "Peace Pole" that might exist around this city.  Ignore the irony of such pole(s) and love people anyway. (hasn't happened yet - think about it all the time...kidding.)

#10 - Gather with work friends in social settings several times before summer. (okay so it's happened once...)

#11 - Succesfully complete training/coaching with the Stepping Forward Team for the Flying Pig.  Run the half marathon in under 2 hours. (First Part - DONE.  Second Part - not under 2, but 2:14...which is faster than last year!)

#12 - Get at least 12 massages this year (5 completed)

#13 - Visit at least 5 friends who live out of state (NOPE)

#14 - Be braver.  Fear less.  Risk more. (Uhmm….not really…this would require an in-depth conversation…)

Other goals:
January - Starting Jan.13, get rid of 3 things every day for the rest of the month (done), Finish The Life of Pi (done) and go see the movie (happened in February...but did see it)

February - Read one book, Go to the gym at least 3 times every week this month (Read Girl Meets God and loved it...missed the gym one by one workout)

March - Make one craft off Pinterest, Read another book (Made a Spring wreath with Rachel and Heather - the book didn't happen...I read about half of The Fisherman and several chapters in Relentless Hope by Beth Guckenberg.  And then I lost both books - I think I left them at my parents' house!)

April - Travel somewhere over Spring Break, Read another book (Travelled to Washington D.C. for the IJM Global Prayer Gathering = AMAZING.  Travelled to my mom and dad's house for Easter.  Read the book Fields of Gold by Andy Stanley...however, I finished it on May 7th...well, it was close :)

May - Run the Flying Pig Half Marathon in under 2 hours, Eat at a fantastic restaurant  (Ran the Pig in 2:14...Next year... restaurant to be completed...)

June - Get tan, Watch one Francis Chan Podcast, Go to at least one event on Fountain Square or Washington Park (Got tan.  No podcast, tried to go to an event....cancelled due to rain but still romped around downtown.)

July - Continue tan, Make another craft off Pinterest, Go see one movie in the theatre, Send at least 3 people snail mail (In some ways I quit life in July...so big fat NADA on this one! - well except for the tan...yep I did that well.)

*The rest of this list will be made when I get to the summer months...at that point I'll re-evaluate my position in life and determine goals then...