Saturday, May 21, 2016

Clay

I am Clay.

Clay does not mold itself.

Clay does not tell the Potter how to shape it.

Clay does not reshape itself into what it wants.

Clay doesn't even know what it should become.

What DOES clay do?  What is the role of the clay?

The purpose of clay is to submit.  The purpose of clay is to be soft, moldable, and easy to shape. THAT is it.

It's such a passive purpose.  And I am not prone to passivity.

What does this mean for my life?

I think it means that the main, best, and perhaps most fruit producing activity on my part is to surrender.  To cultivate humility.  To grow in deep, deep trust.  Trust that what the Potter wants to make from this lump that is my life is more beautiful than anything I can shape...and more purposeful in His kingdom than anything I could craft.
That HIS design for my life turns me into exactly who he wants me to be - the truest, most beautiful version of myself - all I am made, designed and purposed to be...

...and all from a love that is beyond anything I can imagine.  From the One who is the source of ALL love.  The very one who says he IS love.

And what do I have to do?

...simply lay down the tools.





                            “Yet you, Lord, are our Father.  We are the clay, you are the potter;
                                                                     we are all the work of your hand.”               - Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment