Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Years Goals 2014

It's nearly the middle of February, which means I'm LONG overdue to type up my New Years Goals for this year.  They're not exactly difficult goals (and some are carry-overs from last year)...and perhaps calling these goals a yearly "bucket list" might actually be a better description.  I am excited about them, and I'm looking forward to getting started!

_________________________________________________________________
 2014 New Years Goals

1.  Read 10 books - 5 of these biographies, and some C.S. Lewis in there too
Completed…

Radical by David Platt 
Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
Uprising by Erwin McManus
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine D'Engle
The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkenson
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Journey by Alfred Lansing (Biography)
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (Biography)
The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais
No Longer a Slumdog by K.P. Yohannan
Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis (Biography)
Love Does by Bob Goff
The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts (Biography)

2.  Sew a skirt or a dress with my sewing machine

3.  Be filled with the Fruits of the Spirit - no matter what life looks like - pray especially for joy and peace.

4.  Brew Kamboucha Done

5.  Go on 4 adventures - 1 International, 1 United States, 1 Ohio, and 1 Cincinnati.
Rules:  It must be somewhere I've never been to before.
I must go with at least one other person.
While there I must do or try something I've never tried before.
Completed - Cincinnati Adventure: Taste of Belgium and Chicken and Waffles with Sandra
Completed - International Adventure:  Inca Trail to Machu Piccu with Lindsey
Completed - U.S.A. Adventure: Creation Museum and Ziplining with Karen

6.  Get my piano tuned

7.  Run the Flying Pig half marathon in under 2 hours...it's going to stay on the list each year until it happens :) FAIL :)  Perhaps next year....

8.  Go to one international adoption meeting.  Nope - this idea is on pause.

9.  Write 3 original poems for 3 different people - and then read the poem to that person over the phone or in person

10.  Finish Jason's table...
So...I have a bedside table that Jason was in the process of making for me when he died.  It's been in the garage for 9 and a half years now - just sitting there collecting dust - unfinished.
This year, I'm going to finish it.  And hopefully not chop off a finger in the process.

____________________________________________________________________

This is a pretty great list, huh?! This isn't exactly the entire list - but it's most of them.

ALSO - This year, I've decided to have a theme verse...
"She is clothed with strength and dignity.  She can laugh at the days to come."  Proverbs 31:25

I'm excited to live this out a bit better this year.  Because of Jesus, I am clothed with strength and dignity. ...and because of Him, I can laugh at the days to come...

And this year I will do just that.  

Something unexpected happened to me as the New Year rolled over.  And I seriously hate to say that it was "unexpected" because honestly it should be what I expect day in and day out in this walk of faith and grace...

...but regardless of my expectations or lack thereof, as this year as started, I have found that the Lord has washed his peace over me….he has reached down from on high and lifted me up.

I feel different.  Noticeably lighter.  I have a fresh covering of peace and joy.

Seriously, to be honest, I'm almost concerned about my lack of concern :)

I take it as a season of rest.  Beautiful rest.
It probably means crazy is coming….and well, I'm up for that too.  But for now I'll sit here with a renewed sense of God's peace, and I'll feel content.

So - 2014 is here, a new list of goals is in writing, and I'm ready to go.  Adventure is coming.