Monday, November 12, 2012

Vision

It seems there's been a theme in my life lately...and that theme is Vision.  I go through periods of time when my focus is clear, there is mass purpose in my days, and I am thrilled about the adventure God wants me to be a part of...

But then I also go through times when I'm in the hum-drum of daily life.  I am tired, overwhelmed, confused, and doubtful.  I lose sight of the adventure.  I lose sight of the passion and mystery.  In those places it seems that life has clouded out his vision...and I want it back.  Desperately.  I want purpose beyond measure.  I want adventure beyond normal.   I want a life that matters, and matters deeply.  I want to live beyond myself.

God is waking me up.  He's been reminiscing to me that He has severe purpose in my life.  He's been reminding me of the passions in my heart.  He is renewing my longing to pray and seek the adventure.  He's telling me that in those places where I see a need and am absolutely wrecked - in those places where I stand weeping and overcome with emotion - that GOD is in that wrecking...and he wants me to act.

I ran across a video today that touched my heart.  In this idea of vision, it spoke to me about the place of sacrifice.  It spoke to me about a child's heart.  I hope it speaks to you too.
http://www.compassion.com/magazine/give.htm?referer=128018

All I know is that I want there to be no other explanation for my life, other than the power of God working in me.